Old Solano County Courthouse
Historic renovation of the Solano County Courthouse that was originally built in 1911 and vacated with the opening of the new district courthouse next door. This project involved restoration of the exterior granite facade, considered an outstanding example of Beaux Arts architecture. It also featured extensive updating of the interior with seismic and accessibility upgrades, all new building systems, and reconfiguration of non-historic areas. These alterations were balanced with restoration of the building’s beautiful, historic interior architectural features, such as the marble flooring and staircases, light fixtures, and original clock in the main entry. The project achieved LEED Silver certification.