UC Berkeley T. Gary Rogers Boathouse
For more than a century, the home of the University of California crew team was at the Oakland Estuary, located between Alameda Island and the City of Oakland. When the men’s and women’s rowing teams required an expanded training and storage facility, Plant undertook the challenge of moving the original building to a new property three times the size of the original site. Once relocated to its new home, Plant renovated the 1924 Ky Ebright Boathouse, restoring the front half of the original building and constructing a 5,300 SF addition for boat storage. The scope also included the construction of a new dock, ramp, and a 40-foot-wide, pile-supported public access pathway along the waterfront.