Calvary Presbyterian Church
Major seismic upgrade and retrofit of the 1902 Pacific Heights church that is home to the City’s largest Presbyterian congregation. Calvary Presbyterian is an official San Francisco Landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, making the renovation subject to compliance with Secretary of the Interior historic standards. The year-long renovation project included hard and soft demolition, hand excavation, rough carpentry and epoxy bolting. Exacting scheduling allowed the church to stay open for services throughout construction.